Monday, May 10, 2010

Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell by Carmen


I chose the book Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell. I liked this book because it was very good and very descriptive. The author wrote it so you could put a mental picture in your head while you were reading it. This book also had many real life situations in it and ways to fix them.
I chose this book because again, it was a great book and it was very descriptive. I also chose it because we just read it in language arts and I really enjoyed it. I wish there was a second book following this one. These are a few reasons why I chose to write a book review about Island of the Blue Dolphins. If I had to rate this book, I would give it four stars.

A girl who is only a teenager gets abandoned on an island with her brother after jumping off a ship to go back and save him. She has to deal with the loss of her brother and has to build a house and cook for herself. The girl, whos name is Karana, faces many obstacles and also gets hurt many times. After many years of waiting to be rescued, a ship finally comes to the island. But will this be the ship coming back to rescue her?

No comments:

Post a Comment