Monday, May 10, 2010

The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau, Book Review by Brenna

The book I chose to write about was called “The City of Ember”.  It was a very interesting book.  The author, Jeanne DuPrau, went into a lot of detail in describing the characters.  She also told about the city very well.  She said it was underground, the lights flicker a lot and the food supplies are going down.  She wrote this book really well and I got the picture of the city and the people in my head.
     I chose the book for a couple of reasons.  I chose this book because it sounded good and when I read the summary I got intrigued to read it.  My friend also read it and recommended it to me.  This book was a good read.  It caught my attention when I show it.  These are just some of the reasons I chose this book.
    The book was very interesting.  Done and Lina live in the City of Ember.  The city’s lights always flicker and most people get scared.  The food supply is also going down.  So one day Done and Lina try to find a way out of Ember.  Meanwhile someone gets killed in the process.  This book gets four out of five stars.  I recommend this book to everyone who likes mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment